“Did you know… butterflies rest when it rains because it
damages their wings?
It’s okay to rest during life’s storms.
You’ll fly again when it’s over.””
I saw this on Instagram a few weeks ago and instantly took a
screenshot. Something about it just hit me.
This year, I’ve really been following the butterfly effect
in memory of Lola. Every butterfly I see feels like my little “Hey Lola.” And
for some reason, the yellow butterflies seem to be everywhere.
This quote also made me think about grief, but honestly, it
made me think about my life too.
“It’s okay to rest during the storms.”
Grief has so many stages. One thing I’ve really learned
through losing Lola is not to worry so much about what other people think or even
say. Everyone grieves differently and at different times. Only you know your
loss though and doing what feels right. So, it is perfectly okay to rest during
the storms and shine just like the sun when you are ready.
And someday we will fly again just like the butterflies…sometimes
we just need our angels to remind us of that.
Love,
The Mother of an Angel
No comments:
Post a Comment