Happy 17th birthday, our sweet Lola Grace!
We received a small package in the mail from Bookwork
Gardens a couple days before Lola’s birthday. For many of Lola’s
birthdays, we’ve donated or purchased something in her memory. It really is a
magical spot. A must stop on our visits home.
The letter was about the “Butterfly Effect” and
how small acts can create big impacts. Our actions can make a change, or make a
difference. Of course, they asked for support and donations but this message
has been sitting with me...
“The Butterfly Effect”-how many people, families, or even
organizations has Lola had an impact on in the past 17 years? In my heart, I
hope it’s many. Maybe her story. Maybe her picture. A donation
in her memory. Helping others by spreading an act of kindness in her homor. For
me, Lola has provided life-changing moments that I could have never imagined.
I didn’t find a penny today, but I saw so many different
butterflies and it brought me the tiniest bit of joy. Trying our best to
celebrate and carry on Lola’s memory, we pixie-dusted some Disney
items around Vero Beach this morning with a little pink tag that read:
“You’ve been Pixie-Dusted in memory of Lola Grace.”
We’re hoping whoever found these special little Disney
treasures had a little extra joy added to their day. The Butterfly Effect.
We wrote her name and birthday in a
shell. Finley etched her name in the sand. JP bought pink
roses, and Milo was along for the ride.
Her special candle was lit for 17 minutes, and
Finley thinks her favorite color would be green, so he wrote a happy
birthday message just for her on green paper. (Remember her room was green
and blue!)
We’re also buying “glitter” for Bookwork Gardens in Lola's
memory. A special leaf we picked off their giving tree when we were there in
July. We all agreed Lola would like glitter!
I think a lot about the last time our hearts beat together
and the last time we were able to hold Lola. I always wonder what she
would look like, and what memories we would have made. I miss her everyday but
I know the impact she’s having on the world.
I bet heaven agrees. We will meet again.
Love,
The Mother of an Angel
No comments:
Post a Comment