I know I missed writing on the 16th last month. I remember the day so clearly. I was lying in bed at our Airbnb and realizing, close to midnight, that I was going to miss writing it.
Lately, I’ve been trying to approach life with the mindset that it’s okay if things don’t go exactly as I planned or wanted. I’m learning to go with the flow, and especially on vacation, that felt okay.
Our summer adventure in Wisconsin was absolutely full of Lola moments!
There were the six-plus pennies we found. "Special pennies from Heaven." There was our visit to Bookworm Gardens, where we got to see her granite book and her brick. The boys sitting on the rocking chairs in the garden and waiting for these little girls to finish reading their books...just so I could get one picture of her book and my dad's. Even though she isn’t here with us, it became a new memory we get to carry with us.
I’ll always remember Finley writing “Lola” on the water wall and then turning around and smiling at me. If my memory serves me right, I think he even put a heart next to it.
Those little moments mean so much.
This summer trip was so good for my soul. It reminded me that even when life doesn’t look the way I imagined it would, there are still a lot of beauitful unexpected moments.
Thank you, Lola, for being part of our summer memories.
Love,
The Mother of an Angel
No comments:
Post a Comment